DIY Solid Perfume
Ever fancied making your own solid perfume? Well now you can, and it really isn't that hard either.... We promise!
Try something totally different on a rainy day by creating your own signature scent!
You may have sensitive skin or you might have just run out of your favourite fragrance.. You should try something totally new!
We think this could even make the perfect little gift - with a real personal touch!
How to create your own solid perfume:
- In a beaker or bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil with 20 drops of essential oil. Example: 7 drops of ylang ylang and 13 drops of grapefruit. (You can find these inexpensive oils at your local health food store!)
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon of grated beeswax over heat.
- Mix oils and wax together, then pour into a small container. We recommend using antique cases, small tins, or lip balm jars — basically, use anything that isn't too deep, is rounded in shape and closes with a latch.
- Your solid will set in about 10 minutes.
Other delicious combinations to try (recommended by our perfume experts):
- Clary sage and rosewood
- Patchouli with rose, ylang ylang, or frankincense
- Plain vanilla extract will work too